Event Sanctioning & Forms
USA Water Ski & Wake Sports sanctions water skiing (three-event), show skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, kneeboarding, hydrofoiling and water ski racing tournaments, as well as clinics, practices and exhibitions.
What Is Sanctioning?
The term “sanction” refers to the approval of a towed water sport event, which means the following:
- The event has been carefully reviewed by USA Water Ski & Wake Sports and the applicable sport discipline staff.
- The required standards, officials and safety requirements have been met.
- Proper insurance coverage provided by USA Water Ski & Wake Sports, including general liability and athlete excess medical, is in place.
- All participants will be either active or guest members of USA Water Ski & Wake Sports as applicable to the event sanction classification.
- The appropriate post-tournament paperwork will be completed following the event.
What Are The Benefits Of Sanctioning?
- An affordable comprehensive insurance program to protect the event organizer, volunteers and participants.
- Inclusion in the USA Water Ski & Wake Sports National Ranking System.
- Access to trained USA Water Ski & Wake Sports officials who are trained to ensure that each event is safe and fair for the competitors.
- Participants will recognize that the event meets the required standards for the event classification and will be conducted in a safe and fair environment.
- Excellent exposure through the USA Water Ski & Wake Sports event calendar.
How Do I Sanction My Event?
The sanction process varies depending on the type of event you are hosting.
USA Water Ski & Wake Sports requires the event organizer to:
- Submit an Event Sanctioning Agreement with all sanction applications.
- Additionally, a Pre-Tournament Safety Checklist is required with all tournament sanction applications.
If you are hosting a water skiing (three-event), wakeboarding, collegiate water skiing, barefooting, hydrofoiling or kneeboarding tournament/clinic, you can complete your sanction application online by clicking here.
If you are hosting a show skiing or water ski racing tournament, you can complete the appropriate sanction application below.
If you are hosting a show skiing, ski racing, or hydrofoiling clinic, you can complete the Basic Skills Clinic application below.
If you are hosting a practice or exhibition, you can apply for a sanction online by logging into the Members Only section using your club's member ID and password. All sanction applications can be sent to:
USA Water Ski & Wake Sports
Attn: Competition Department
2701 Lake Myrtle Park Road
Auburndale, FL 33823-9360
Fax: (863) 325-8259