SafeSport Training & Requirements
Who is required to complete SafeSport Training? – Refer to the USA Water Ski & Wake Sports Safe Sport Certification Compliance Chart.
Requirements – Be at least 18 years of age or turning 18 during your current membership period and be a current Active member of USA Water Ski & Wake Sports
Cost – FREE to USA Water Ski & Wake Sports Members
- Log into your Members Only page using your membership number and password
- Select SafeSport Training/Background Screening from the menu
- Follow the applicable instructions for either first-time training or training renewal for those who have taken the course previously
- Once you have completed the course, it will automatically be reflected in your USA Water Ski & Wake Sports Member Dashboard within 24 hours. If after 24 hours you do not see an updated "Safe Sport Status" within your USA Water Ski & Wake Sports Member Dashboard, please email your certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All instructors should email their certificate of completion to email@example.com.
Training Renewal – Annual
The U.S. Center for SafeSport offers a refresher course (estimated 20-30 minutes to complete) for those who have been previously trained. USA Water Ski & Wake Sports will send an email notification with a link to complete the refresher course when your training is due for renewal. Training is valid for ONE year.
Youth Training Courses
The U.S. Center for SafeSport Youth Training courses include courses for children of pre-school age; grades K-2; grades 3- 5; middle school and high school. These free online trainings are designed as an introduction for minor athletes and their parents or other caregivers to understand the importance of positive, welcoming environments in sports where misconduct like bullying or abuse is less likely to happen, and to know where to report abuse, should it occur.
Each course is hosted on safesporttrained.org. Select the “Not Affiliated” option from the organization drop-down list (it should be the first selection). Download and email the certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Please reference our Safe Sport Frequently Asked Questions or email email@example.com.Background Screening
For information on Background Screening, please visit our Background Screening Requirements and Instructions page.